We expect the following from all of our Makers:
Respect the intent of the Garage.
- Come in with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- Share what you are working on and discuss with peers.
- Do not create weapons or offensive material.
- Do not create items for resale.
Safety is a shared responsibility.
- Only use equipment that you have been trained on.
- Ask a Mentor or Staff if you are uncomfortable or need a refresher.
- Review Safety Data Sheets before using unfamiliar chemicals or materials.
- Report broken or malfunctioning tools to Staff immediately.
- Report all incidents and near-misses to Staff immediately.
- No outside equipment without asking Staff first.
- Use the space when you are well-rested and unintoxicated.
Meet Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Safety glasses.
- Covered legs.
- Closed toe, flat soled shoes.
- No loose clothing or hair (tie in a bun or wear a hat) around rotating and CNC equipment.
- Job and area specific PPE (earplugs, cut-resistant gloves, etc.).
Respect each other and the space.
- Dispose of scraps from your project.
- Return all tools to their places.
- If you don’t know where it belongs, ask the staff.
- No food or drink (this is a lab environment).
- Be aware of the activity going on around you.
- Share the space and equipment fairly with others.